In 3 weekend afternoons, we were able to complete the backsplash in the kitchen. Hooray! On the 4th day we did lights and fans. The kitchen already had lights and fans, but there was one fan that was in the wrong spot. I define wrong, as strategically place so that it hits the cabinets as it spins. So we have to move the fan to the location of one of the lights and vice versa. Viola. No more hitting cabinet problem. We also installed a fan in the dining. So not French. Ceiling fans. That's so American. But I live in a country that is hot and we need air movement. We were to install the shelf I got at Ikea, now I am wondering what did I actually want to go there.
So the backsplash behind the stove is this 'faux-metal' thing that we got at the Home Depot (Leroy Merlin) and it was super easy to install. I did it myself. The other backsplash is multicolor slate tile, that we also got at the Home Depot. We installed that together, although A made all of the cuts. I really suck at cutting and always cut the wrong thing, each time! I measure 6 times and still somehow it is wrong. I have to say that I am really pleased with the outcome.
We are almost done with the kitchen. Hooray!
Ok maybe now A can build the brickoven of his dreams;)