Jul 5, 2010

Women hating women...

While the idea of an misogynist man is annoying, misogynist women are the worst.  These are the women that give the rest of us a bad name!  They are moody, arrogant and very very catty.  They hate any woman who is smart and successful.  For the ones with no children, they call you weak for wanting or having them. 

Yesterday I encountered such a woman.  Perfectly beautiful 4th of July day and we were invited by A's co-worker to her house for a BBQ.  She wanted us to meet her a the little beach near her house for swimming/jet skiing.  Great!  A got star service, 'here take the wave runner out by yourself and have fun'.

I have been jetskiing since I was 16, I practically grew up on the bay near DC.  Spent lots of summers, fishing, crabbing, boating, jet skiing...  I swim about a mile 2-3 times a week.  I have a boater's license and spent more time on jetskis than A.  But can I take one out alone.  No.  Too dangerous for me.  A woman with children is obviously too weak to be out on the water alone.  I have to go with a man.  So he can watch me and make sure that I don't hurt myself or get lost.  I was happy not going jetskiing anyway and the only reason I was going was because this woman was annoyed that I was fine not going and now that I go, I have to go with her or someone else 'qualified'.  I hate going with A since I usually end up feeling like barbing afterwards...
If you have never jetskiied with crazy people twice your size, it can be more dangerous.  They can easily have you flying off the back, and then if they go with you and land on you.   Well let's just say that it's not pleasant.  All of the "qualified" jetskiers were using the men's XXL vest.  Me -- I think the one I was using was small -- used for the older kids. 

In the end, I was happy to get out on the water, it has been a long time.  But I didn't need to be treated like a child...

No comments:

Post a Comment