Sep 10, 2010

A perfect day in Aix-en-Provence -- 3 Years Passed

My little L was born three years ago today.  Before he was born though, I had a last perfect day of my pre-kid life.  After a summer of being bare-foot and pregnant without a way of leaving my quaint little Provencal village, we finally got a car, which was my blue Skoda Roomster.  So I was finally free to escape the house, the village and get out into the world on my own.  At the risk of having a baby on the streets of Aix-en-Provence, where I knew no one and had no way of communicating, I headed to Aix anyway.  I wanted to eat non-Provencal food, see an American movie and go to an English book store.  So I went to Aix, on a beautiful September day and walked around the downtown, ate sushi, went to see "The Waitress" and browsed the 'Book in Bar', book store.  The simple things life are the best.

Three years and two kids later my life is very different...

No comments:

Post a Comment